Style is forever and fashion fades so with this in mind I present 15 Things I Learned at 52:
- Turquoise eye shadow is not ever a good idea.
- Thirty is the cut-off age for wearing mini skirts.
- Stay away from ripped and torn jeans.
- Mid-rise dark-rinse denim is your new best friend.
- If you wore it the first time it’s not for you the second time around.
- 5 or 6 lipsticks total are all you need.
- Only wear red lipstick if it suits you.
- Dark lipstick is not your friend post-40.
- The shoes make the outfit.
- Low-hanging earrings aren’t attractive. (Better a modest stud than a torn earlobe.)
- A woman shouldn’t ever apologize for her existence.
- You should leave the era before it leaves you.
- Wire coat hangers? Of course not.
- Smile more…you’ll feel better.
- Who you are matters more than what you wear.